It just makes me happy. For me, pure moments of joy and contentment seem to be the most abundant and easiest to find in the simple things of this season.
I would say it’s my favorite season, but the truth is I love them all in different ways and for various reasons. I just thought I’d share that a few of my favorite things about summertime are
* sleeping in with my kids
* endless trips to the beach and the pool
* and naps all piled up in my bed once we return home
* ridiculous amounts of watermelon
* sun-kissed blonde hair
* weekends out on the water as a family
* little freckled noses
* impromptu cookouts with friends
* having a good reason to wear flip flops with everything
* late night swims
* not having to make sure homework gets done
* rosey cheeks
* watching my children enjoy childhood days
* making memories
* going for days just throwing my hair up and skipping the makeup
* hot days that give me a good excuse to eat 5 popsicles in a row
Those are just a few of the reasons why these summer days are sweet!
What is one of your favorite things about summer?