Since I’ve had several homeschool moms contact me about my thoughts on Time4Learning, I thought I’d share them here!
We’ve been using Time4Learning for our son Jackson (Kindergarten) for about five months now and from the start we have been extremely pleased! We also tried it for our daughter Olivia (2nd grade) but we quickly realized that this just isn’t her learning style so we didn’t push it.
However, Jackson loves to learn by listening, watching and interacting on the computer rather than by just sitting and doing seat work so Time4Learning fits beautifully into our school days!
We use Time4Learning for subjects: Math, Science, Social Studies & Language Arts in conjunction with Abeka curriculum, Sylvan, Kumon and Flashkids for our seat work (multi-subjects) and have found that the way Time4Learning presents each new grade appropriate concept is much more thorough and entertaining that I could have ever come up with!
The things I love most about Time4Learning are:
- Administrator & students log-ins are separate. This allows me full control, access and keeps all of his progress in front of me in an organized, easy to access way.
- Time4Learning keeps track of all of his quiz/test scores, attendance and daily work completed and allows me to run printable reports each day, week or month should I need to do so to show proof of education, or just for my own records!
- As the administrator, I can request to change the grade level of each individual subject at any time I feel that the originally chosen subject grade level is too easy or too challenging. Time4Learning processes my request and the grade level for the selected subject is adjusted within 24 hours!
- The subject materials are grade appropriate, fun, interactive and meet (and in my opinion succeeds) all state core grade level standards.
- My son truly loves and benefits from learning this way!
- Lastly, it truly does take some of the pressure off of me to “come up with” all the fun, entertaining ways to teach him every new concept.
So if you’re a homeschooling parent, or just a parent wanting something extra to throw in with what your student is learning in school, and you’ve been wondering if Time4Learning is worth the $19.99 a month! (with a nice little money back guarantee if you don’t love it!)
Here’s me giving you a huge head nod, YES! Go for it!
[Disclosure: I’ve been invited to try Time4Learning for one month in exchange for a candid review. My opinion will be entirely my own, so be sure to come back and read about my experience. Time4Learning is an online educational program that can be used in many ways including as a homeschooling curriculum or afterschool tutorial. Find out how to write your own curriculum review for Time4Learning.]